Comment on page
- 1.Free for non-commercial use. (See commercial usage below)
- 2.Using the AniList API as a backup or data storage service is strictly prohibited.
- 3.‘Hoarding’ or mass collection of data from the AniList API is strictly prohibited.
- 4.Applications or services must comply with our naming guidelines.
- 5.Prohibited from use within competing noncomplementary services of the same nature, including but not limited to Anime/Manga list/tracker services. Competing services may be authorized on request if they provide significant and sustained integration/syncing with the AniList API and AniList user accounts.
Applications or services that utilize the AniList API must adhere to our naming guidelines:
- If “AniList” or “AniChart” are used in the title/name of the application you must clearly state your app is an unofficial app by appending either “UNOFFICIAL” or “for AniList”/”for AniChart” to the title/name of the application.
- Just the titles/names “AniList” or “AniChart” are strictly prohibited.
Adult content and application stores
Many app stores such as the Apple app store prohibit 18+ content. If you’re planning on providing your client via a third-party service you should check their official stance on the matter.
Where we can, we provide an
isAdultboolean in the media API data, however, we cannot 100% ensure that this will always be accurate or that our definition of ‘adult’ content meets the same standards of other services. Specifically ‘Ecchi’ shows are not included in the ‘adult’ boolean, which is known to have caused issues with Google Adsense and the Apple app store in the past.
We also cannot ensure the data provided by our users will always be non-adult (primarily activity and forum data).
We recommend you do additional checks and limit the data shown on your client to comply with the standards of any services you may be using.
The AniList API may be used within commercial applications or services operating at less than $150 of revenue per month free of charge, no express permission required.
Applications or services opperationing at greater than $150 of revenue per month will need to acquire a commercial license. To acquire a commercial license or for further enquiries regarding commercial API usage please email [email protected].